VAIDS

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still Cook in my House – TFC boss

By Agatha Emeadi

Her story could be likened to the biblical mustard seed. She has cast her seeds which is her vision and nurtured it slowly and quietly. With main focus on satisfaction, paying attention to details, humility and team-work therefore were not played down.

Mention the name Mrs. Olayinka Pamela Adedayo, it would not click immediately, it is not one of those regular names. But mention Tastee Fried Chicken ‘TFC’ one of the fast food services, it will receive the expected accolade.

At he recently opened TFC Mega place where she holds sway as the managing director, You find her taking a matronly inspection within and around the premises, re-arranging photo frames the way its suitable; you perceive that sense of business acumen flowing in her vein.

Dressed in a baby pink trouser suit with a multi-colored camisole with a bold belt that matches her burgundy loafers, you cannot but appreciate her skill and hardwork. From the background of a Business Administration and Finance graduate from Chicago State University, Adedayo who does not like publicity knew what she wanted and knew how to go about it.

From being her father’s favorite cook, she pays attention to the details of her cooking, recognition came her way through the works of her hand, today she has spread like the mustard seed. No doubt her spread sprang from a humble beginning.

At the grand opening of the state of the art TFC mega place in Festac town Mama Tastee as she is fondly called spoke on the humble beginning, challenges and the future of TFC.

TFC mega plaza
The trendy mama said it is to meet the yearning of Nigerians for qualitative fast food services that has been acclaimed as a success index for the business. The restaurant outlet is on the ground floor and that guarantees favorite sumptuous offerings in an ambience that spells luxury and sheer satisfaction. There are two ultra modern halls event halls on the first and second floors that offers state of the art facilities for occasion.

She also informs that the mega place was constructed within 3years being the biggest and the 9th outlet and that gives her great joy “It gives me great joy that we are progressing”. Beating our last record is a sign of progress. Festac mega place has beaten all the other outlets and that is evidence of progress. We named it ‘back to our roots’ because it was in Festac that we started the business on August 19th 1989. The Most Reverend Dr. E Adebola Ademowo and other dignitaries were on hand to commission the beautiful place.

Starting
She first extolled the virtues of her late mother who molded her into a great woman. “I am grateful to my late dear mum who molded me into what I am by bestowing on me virtues like creativity, timeliness, perfection and the spirit of excellence”. Being a real entrepreneur who was very industrious and diligent, I would say I inherited the right genes from her.

How did it start?
Well, back home when we were still young, I was my father’s favorite cook. When I got married, I continued with my cooking. It was on my son’s 10th birthday, I cooked various dishes, presented myself and laid them for my guest. Little did I know that my guests were watching and taking note of what I was doing. Cooking is not all about preparing the dish alone, presentation, the dishes and cutleries are all parts of the cooking and presenting, she noted.

During the wedding of Alhaji Ayinde Adewole’ son, the then chairman of Kollington Technical, he called on me to come and cater for his guests. I was surprise because I was not a caterer then. I wondered what to do and even argued over it. But then I told myself, I can do it and I catered for him then. That was how I started getting contracts and established Tastee Pot Limited in 1989.

The big break
The big break came when Mrs. Gambo wife of former Inspector General of police Alhaji Mohammadu Gambo contracted us to cater for one of her parties. In attendance at that party were Mrs. Maryam Babangida, wife of the self styled president of Nigeria. Mrs. Nyako, wife of Former chief of Naval staff, Vice Admiral Muritala Nyako and Brig General Raji Rasaki former Governor of Lagos state’s wife, Mrs. Raji Rasaki was also there. That was how we entered into Government house to cater for Mrs. Babangida and wives of other Government functionaries.

Personal taste
Surprisingly, culinary prowess informs you that she still cooks at home. Though she can order food from the outlet once in a while. It is not a regular habit at all. Then you ask her her favorite food? You find out she has chosen boiled yam and fresh egg omlete in the midst of plenty.

Challenges
I give glory to God Almighty, especially with the entrance of my dear son who is the Executive Director and Managing Director in the making for stepping into the business.I am proud of the good management team that works with me. We have laid good structure in place and set the standards, but that does not mean we have not experienced one or two time.

Husband’s support
She has described her husband Mr. Adekunle Adedayo as her childhood sweetheart, soul mate and confidant. Quoting Ben Franklin (1706- 1790) who says a good spouse and health is a person’s best wealth. They met and got married in 1976 and are blessed with a son. My husband support in the vision and business has taken it to a great height. She informs that his leadership quality has tilted TFC to a greater height.
The Sun News Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO