VAIDS

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Athletics: Ogba wields the big stick


As the Nation waits anxiously for Team Nigeria’s first medal at the London 2012 Olympics, President of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria, AFN, Chief Solomon Ogba has imposed bans on frequent meetings with the athletes as well as barring visitors to the team.

Ogba who stormed the Olympic Village met with the athletes and said that he would not want people to distract the athletes by locking them up with meetings. ‘’I’ve told them that there should be no meetings with my athletes. And there should be no visitors, too.
I want these athletes to concentrate and have peace of mind before their events start”, the man on whom many pin their hopes for medals for Nigeria said.
‘’The athletes are in good mood and training well. That is why I want them to remain focused and not be burdened with meetings, meetings. I don’t know what they are meeting”, Ogba said.
He assured Nigerians that the Athletic team to the Olympics would do their best in the Olympics.
‘’I am not promising anything. All I know is these athletes are in good condition. For me, I want all them to get to the semi final. And from there, anything can happen”, Ogba, a former Sports Commissioner in Delta State said.

By Tony Ubani Reporting from London

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO