VAIDS

Monday, October 19, 2015

‘I wanted heavy rock, but got country music’ - Leeds chairman Massimo Cellino




The 46-year-old leaves the club in 18th place in the Championship table, just three points above the relegation zone, after claiming just two wins from their opening 11 matches.
 
And ‘manager-eater’ Cellino has said he gave Rosler the boot because the coach’s playing style did not live up to his expectations.
"I watched the game on Saturday and in the second half, we were just trying not to lose. We were not trying to win. That is not good enough," the Leeds owner told the Daily Mirror.

"I wanted them to play heavy rock football but instead it was like country music.

"I did my best to help Uwe, but in the end, I could not see even a patch of blue in the sky, just cloud, cloud and cloud."
Cellino also took issue with Rosler's announcement last week that his side was not good enough to win promotion this season.
"Why did he say that?" he added. "The fans want to dream, so why did he say that?
"To say that after 11 or 12 games is wrong. That is not right for the fans."
Former Rotherham boss Steve Evans arrived at the club’s training ground soon after the announcement to take charge of first-team training on Monday, but he has not yet been confirmed as the club's sixth head coach since Cellino took control at Elland Road in April 2014.
Cellino, who became an infamous figure in the game after sacking a procession of head coaches during a 22-year spell as Cagliari owner, has admitted he used to "hate" the man who will soon take the reins.
Evans departed Rotherham at the end of September after leading the club to successive promotions from League Two.

"I used to hate him because he is a fighter," Cellino added. "I didn't like playing against him because he gives his teams his personality.
"He's a tough coach and I want that character in our team. He manages with passion and our team has not been playing with passion.
"Everything I do is to try and make Leeds better.
"It's easy to blame the coach and it is not just his fault. I was the one who brought him here, so I have to take responsibility also.
"It was my decision to bring him and so I have to take responsibility if things are not working."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO