VAIDS

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Acctress Uzo Aduba storms Brooklyn Magazine’s Latest Issue, talks about the Road to Success.

Nigerian Hollywood actress Uzo Aduba has become quite a force to reckon with since we fell in love with her for her role in Orange is the New Black.
1215_Uzo9
The 34-year-old has nabbed 2 Emmys and many more awards and magazine covers over the past 2 years.
Her latest feature is in Brooklyn magazine where she was photographed by Jessica Yatrofsky while talking about her road to success.


 1215_Uzo121215_Uzo6
On her portrayal of Suzanne in Orange Is The New Black: I’m the most responsible for the possession of her dignity… There is great care and responsibility in how I approach her. She is such a lovely person, and such a loving person that I become really invested in just playing that side of her, and playing as much of her organically. She’s not perfect, and she doesn’t profess to be, and I try to let as much of her light in as I possibly can.

 1215_Uzo8
On her next project, a provocative The Maids: It forces the play to be infused with a different energy and color, pun intended. When I read this play, I was looking for the answer, the bottom of something, and I wanted to get to the bottom of Solange’s smirk. She has something she’s saying, but she’s not saying it, and I wanted to get to the bottom of what she’s choosing not to say.

On her acting roles: I want to tell the stories I’ve been missing. I’m interested in portraying and representing people that are missing from the portrait of our lives. I meet and see people from all walks of life, and I wonder why they’re missing from the framework of storytelling and the framework of our narratives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO