VAIDS

Monday, December 7, 2015

Jurgen Klopp - ‘I never thought we’d be title contenders this season’



The Reds went into Sunday clash against Newcastle in blistering form, having recorded three straight wins over Manchester City, Swansea and Southampton – an electric 6-1 drubbing in the League Cup.

 
Many tipped the Merseyside outfit to capitalise on what has been one of the most open campaigns in years to launch a Premier League title bid, but their hopes were dashed by a surprise 2-0 defeat as the struggling Magpies finally found their feet.

Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren was among those talking up Liverpool’s title chances ahead of the game, but Klopp was adamant he had never even considered a bid for the crown.

The German said: "Everybody on your side of the table maybe [said that]. I didn't hear anybody on this side of the table talking about it. I have no problem with anything you might talk about, but please don't ask me now about this.
"I didn't say before we were title contenders, so why I should say now that we're not? So I'm sorry.

"We played this game today and at this moment I'm trying to understand why. We've got to try and understand why, but I won't answer that question, because it's not mine.
"If in professional football you don't feel defeats, you don't feel a loss, then something is really wrong. We feel this defeat. We know for today it's deserved, but it hurts, like it should do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO