VAIDS

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Celine Dion says her and late husband will ‘always be one’ during first concert since René Angélil’s death

A teary-eyed Celine Dion returned to her Las Vegas show and she said her late husband was there too.
***EXCLUSIVE***  Please contact your sales representative for further details.
“He's always been on stage with me and nothing will ever change that,” she said to a cheering crowd at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace on Tuesday night.

Dion delivered an emotional tribute to her late husband in first show since his death.
The “My Heart Will Go On” singer kicked of her first concert since René Angélil’s death last month with a lovely tribute to her husband of 21 years.

“We were one and nothing has changed. We will always be one,” she noted, taking pauses in between her powerful words.
The event, which was partially live streamed for fans, began with a touching montage of his life, featuring images of big moments like their marriage.

"I understood that my career was in a way his masterpiece, his song, his symphony," some read.
"The idea of leaving it unfinished would have hurt him terribly. I realized that if he ever left us, I would have to continue without him, for him," it continued.
The sentimental slideshow ended with a snippet of Dion signing the ‘I love you’ gesture to her husband.

After performing a few songs, including Barbara Streisand’s “One More Look at You/Watch Closely Now,” Dion addressed the room, pouring out her heart — but saying it will go on.
“It’s pretty amazing that, since he is not physically with me, he is even more present with me,” she said.
Angélil died last month at 73 after a long battle with throat cancer. Tragedy struck again for the singer two days later, when her brother died from the same disease.

The 47-year-old dedicated the first 10 minutes of her show to her husband and former manager, whom she met at the age of 12.
“Through my life, I only had eyes for my husband who sat out here night after night,” she told a packed audience.
“People thought that I was looking at him. But I didn't need to, because every time I closed my eyes, I felt René on stage with me,” she continued.
The singer also briefly touched on how her life has changed without Angélil.
“I trusted him so much that I never really had the chance to worry about anything,” she recalled.
“Now I guess it is only a natural impulse to constantly question myself. Would he let the kids play with these toys? Is this song too fast? Is this song too slow? Don't talk too much?” she asked.
The talent manager was a driving force in Dion’s life, leading her to superstardom with her iconic “Titanic” soundtrack song and her Las Vegas residency show.

 “Night after night on the way back home from the show, I could sense that he was trying to know how to approach me without hurting my artistic feelings. But, there were things that he had to tell me for my own art growth,” she recalled.
The “All by Myself” singer finished her emotional outpour with a heart-wrenching reveal lightened with a joke.
“I talk to him. I think of him all the time. I feel, and I know, he hears me one way or another. I know he will give me a sign of his approval,” she said.
“Now I can feel that he’s telling me to zip it and start singing," Dion added, before belting out more ballads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO