VAIDS

Monday, March 21, 2016

Analyst Lauren Lawrence reveals the secrets behind Daily News readers' dreams

SHE CAN TOUGH IT OUT
In a dream that recurs, I am being shot at. In the last dream, I was shot at least four times, but I survived. My best friend told me he dreamed he had to come and identify my body. This dream is affecting the people around me. Please let me know what it means.
 
Kristen Williams, Newark

 Few dreams are scarier than those of being shot.
Analysis: Dreams of being shot reveal the need for self-punishment and simultaneously express a sense of violation and/or intrusion: Someone was allowed to get under your skin in a bad way. Yet these dreams also affirm inner strength: You are Superwoman, stronger than any bullet or adversary, impervious to external demands. What is expressed is the need to meet challenges head on. In another view, these dreams have a sexual component: The phallic gun fulfills the wish for penetration.


SHE NEEDS TO BACK OUT
I dreamed I was in my car, quickly backing out of the driveway of my house. I didn’t pause at the top of the driveway to see if there were any cars on the road. I just pulled out onto the road and put the car in drive to go forward. I saw I had cut off one of my neighbors who was driving on the road (no one I know in real life). I looked at her, waved apologetically, saw she was a little annoyed and then went driving on my way. What does this mean?

Karen S., Hudson Valley
Analysis: Whereas backing out of a driveway often reveals the desire to back out of something in life, to retreat from your original standing, backing up signifies the wish to reverse or redo an action in the past. You don’t mind cutting someone off in the process; all that matters is your drive: You will not be slowed down in your quest to move forward. Carelessness warns against impulsive behavior and lack of consideration for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO