VAIDS

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Lara Logan talks Sexual Assault, Breast Cancer and moving to Texas to focus on her family

After a sting of horrific and public struggles, "60 Minutes" correspondent Lara Logan left behind busy Washington D.C. for a quiet life in a town nestled in Texas where she can focus on her family.

The TV journalist opened up to People magazine and said she's cut back on her investigative work as she settles to life outside Austin, in a tiny town where her husband grew up.
The resilient journalist decided to relocate after her son, Joe, was diagnosed with learning disabilities, including dyslexia and ADHD.


"I needed to be a mom, and I needed to be the kind of mom that I wanted to be. I'm all in," she explained. "I really believe in being there for my kids, and I really believe that I can help Joe learn how to read and write."
The new home comes after a string of tumultuous years in her personal and professional life.
Five years ago, she was sexually assaulted at the hands a mob in Cairo's Tahrir Square after being separated from her TV crew while reporting on demonstrations in Egypt.
"I was in a panic," she recalled. “I knew what to do when I was on the ground in Tahrir Square, I had to stand up. When I was on my way home, I had to start rebuilding. When I saw my children, I had to live. Those things were very clear."
The 45-year-old was hospitalized several times last year for complications stemming from the attack.
A year after the assault she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
“I didn’t know if I was going to live or die, and I didn’t know what do with that,” she said.
 
Even more difficulty plagued her the following year, when her Benghazi report was found to be inaccurate, forcing her to take a seven-month long leave of absence from the show.
“It was one thing after another. It was really hard,” she told the magazine. "But if you can take that many knocks and stay on your feet, you know that you can take just about anything."
“The road is very long,” she added. “There is just pieces of you left after that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO