VAIDS

Monday, July 11, 2016

Analyst Lauren Lawrence reveals the secrets behind Daily News readers’ dreams:Your Dreams

HE WORRIES OVER GOING BALD

I dreamed I was sitting in the chair of a hairstylist, having my hair cut. A female stylist was cutting my hair. I looked up and noticed that all of the salon chairs were occupied by women and girls. She was cutting my hair shorter than ever. When I looked in the mirror I had a short crew cut.
She then picked up an electric razor and shaved my head. The females watching were amused at the sight of my hair coming off. When the stylist finished, I was completely bald. I felt humiliated and all the women were laughing. I wanted to cover my bald head. In reality, I have never been bald. Please decode this dream.

Joe B., Lenox, Mass.
Analysis: Hair symbolizes strength and power. Although the cutting action of scissors represents the wish to cut ties or sever a relationship, the dominant association with cut hair – due to the Samson myth – is one of powerlessness and loss of strength. Castration fears and loss of control are also issues. Looking in the mirror reveals the need for reflection. What is lacking is a positive self-view. There may be fears of going bald and receiving a harsh societal reaction. In another view, there is the conflicted wish to expose a bald truth and start again with a blank slate or pate.

HE WORRIES ABOUT TAKING THE NEXT STEP
I recently dreamed I was trying to go through a door, but then I saw what was on the other side of the door. It was an abyss which I would have to fall down into. I was extremely afraid and so I was trying not to go through the door. What does this mean?

Mitch P., Forest Hills, Queens
Analysis: A door represents a pathway to illumination, to see what is beyond. It also signifies the opening up or closing off of the self to new experience. The abyss on the other side reveals a fear of the unknown. One understands the wish not to venture beyond one’s safety zone at this point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO