VAIDS

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

"I sampled Electro music mixed with African vibes" by Imoh Joshua Etim|| singer, songwriter and performer

Who are you and what do you do?

: Imoh: Hey what's up My name is Imoh full name is  Imoh Joshua Etim. I am a singer, songwriter and performer. 

Why do you do what you do?


Imoh: Basically I am a musician and I do it because I have passion for it. it's something I can't imagine not doing and I like the feeling my music gives people. I do music not because of the money or the fame ( ok sometimes) but mostly because of my love for it.

How do you get into Music:
Imoh: I didn’t just wake up morning and said that I wanted to become a musician. It’s something I have always just found myself doing. Unlike most people I didn't really start up in the church though I used to sing in the children's choir back then. Music for me was more like a self journey. I remember always singing back then and I will turn everything I found to a song and I think I have been writing songs for God knows how long.

What's integral to the work of an artist
Imoh: So many people have different core things that are important to them but for me Music is a form of art and art is about creatively expressing your thought. So, I will say a Music artist should be able to express his thoughts creatively in his music or performances. An artist must also be able to entertain an audience
 
You dropped a Song “ Simi” a few months back, how has the response been?
Imoh: The response has been both a pleasant one and learning experience. I sampled Electro music mixed with African vibes which I don’t think anyone has done so far. It was new to the Audience and most people enjoyed it. Of course, there will be critics and I have picked up the constructive ones that’s why I called it a learning process. 

Again, you recently did a cover to Banky W made for you, why did you do it?

Imoh: I was opportune to listen to the song before it came out to the public so I really loved the song. The song really is very vocal and I loved the challenge. I added my twist to the song while working with Bem beatz on it and it came out beautiful.

Yes, it really did. Some say you sound like Banky W what do you think?
Imoh: I have heard such comments, it was even so deep that some thought he was the one singing even my close friends. Firstly, I don’t think I sound like him and I count it as a complement because Banky is such a legend in my eye.

Do you hope to work With him?
Imoh: Of course, I.will love to work with him just as I will love to work with any really talented musician if the opportunity presents itself.

What genre of Music do you do?

Imoh: I don't like to box my sound, My music is a blend of influences. Today, I can be influenced by Sunny Ade and do Juju music and tomorrow Bob Marley and do Reggae bur I will always do it the Imoh way.

What inspires you?
Imoh: Number one has to be God and then my environment. I like to sing on what I see, sometimes it may be fiction other times what I have passed through.

Are you currently signed to a record label?
No am not, but some have approached and some are still being discussed but soon.

What should we expect from the Imoh brand?
Imoh: For now, more music more music. I have recorded a lot of new songs and I will release them when the time is right. I am also working on a Mixtape which will explain my style and sound?

Any title for the Mixtape yet?

Imoh: I can't disclose that yet because of some official stuffs but you will be the first to know.

You are a student at University of Lagos, how do you combine Academics and music?
It’s not easy, I just take everyday as it comes. I am in my 2nd year currently studying Economics and there is an advantage because I can use my school mates as my first fans.

Word for other talented artist?
Imoh: Don’t stop dreaming because dreams come true. Work and be prayerful.

Thank you for your time
Imoh: It was nice talking to you, you’re welcome 😊


Give this a listen! @OFFICIALIMOH MADE FOR YOU (COVER) https://t.co/kppyT5lUoF @BankyW  https://t.co/kppyT5lUoF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO