VAIDS

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Halle Berry says she's 'anti-fairytales' following three failed marriages — ‘I've often felt guilty and responsible’

The "Kidnap" actress opened up about her failed marriages at a gala telling the audience that a lot of women believe their husband is a "prince on a shiny horse" and their marriage is supposed to last forever.

As Berry knows, that's not always the case.
"That's what fairytales taught me as a kid," she said at the 2017 City Summit and Gala, Entertainment Tonight reports. "And I'm kind of anti-fairytales today."


Berry finalized her divorce to actor Olivier Martinez in December after three years of marriage. The "Extant" star was also married to former baseball player David Justice from 1992 to 1997 and singer Eric Benet from 2001 to 2005.
"We go in there with that hope, so when it falls apart it feels like a huge failure and a huge disappointment," she said. "I've often felt guilty and responsible. I've suffered a lot of pain and anguish."
Berry, however, said there's a silver lining to her divorces and each of the splits taught her importance lessons about herself.

"All those relationships were necessary for me" Berry told the audience. "We all come here with lessons that we have to learn and those relationships provided me with lessons that got me to where I am right now."

"For that, I'm grateful. But it has been hard. It's been a difficult part of my life," she added.
The 50-year-old mother of two said she was putting the pain from her divorces behind her and focusing on her children.
She shares son Maceo with Martinez and daughter Nahla with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.
"Right now, being mom is my most important job and I now know that everything I do, everything I say and everything I offer them is really important," Berry said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO