VAIDS

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Academy of International Business US Mid-West Conference I Chicago with Ifedapo Adeleye, PhD Global Business

Academy of International Business US Mid-West Conference I Chicago I April 23 My Keynote Address: The Shifting Global Business Landscape: 
Through My African Eyes 
Link: https://lnkd.in/e-nQXWC 
by Ifedapo Adeleye, PhD Global Business I Scholar I Enthusiast Speaking

The global business landscape is shifting , as political events in the UK (Brexit) and the US (Trump election) challenge the predominant western thinking on free trade, regional economic integration, and immigration. 

I explore why two of the biggest historical beneficiaries of global trade appear to be the very ones expressing the greatest discontent about globalization.

I also argue that talk of the rise of the West and the decline of the rest is somewhat exaggerated, and that more attention needs to be paid to historical and demographic factors. For the US & UK, I posit that acting strategically in global trade must begin with moving beyond the tendency to underestimate their derived benefits, while overstating others' positions. 

While disrupting international business and regional integration might be desirable (and maybe even beneficial), the complexities and interconnectedness of the global economy requires counting the costs and consequences to all players. Below, with AIB President, Prof Masaaki Kotabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO