VAIDS

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

AFWN2018 Designer Spotlight : Del Africa Fashion House

Del Africa returns to Africa Fashion Week Nigeria runway this year. Del Africa Fashion House has become a household in the fashion industry. 
 
The fashion label has showcased on various runways like Africa Utopia Fashion Show London, Accra Fashion Week Ghana, Nigeria Television Fashion Show Nigeria, Africa Fashion Week Nigeria. They provide exceptional aesthetic designed clothing for local/international market. They combine unique blend of African  fabrics and designs to produce clothing and accessories of international standard for both local and export purposes.
What inspired your fashion journey?
Del Africa Fashion House : It was inspired by the love and  passion for quality, colours on our African prints.

Your first fashion creation and the inspiration behind it?
Del Africa Fashion House:
My first ever creation for a runway was electrifying, the stage for the runway and the audience. The inspiration was from my mother's catalogue from the 70s, I was to showcase a vintage look.
Yes, I liked it, the time I put into it and every bit of the work.

What are the challenges you have encountered?
Del Africa Fashion House: Lack of funds to expand, government policy on import/export.

 
 Tell us about the collection you intend to showcase on AFWN runway
Del Africa Fashion House : I intend to showcase a blend of urban , and street fashion, the inspiration my mother and late brother.

Most unforgettable experience as a designer
Del Africa Fashion House: The first time I sold my collections outside the shores of this country, and I was paid in Euro's.

What is your outlook on African fashion and its impact worldwide?
Del Africa Fashion House : I am looking forward to a great time with the team, because I know you won't disappoint, I participated at the last afwn2017 and I was glad I did, it opened other doors for me to showcase on other platforms. I am sure AFWN is going global.
SAVE THE DATE
15th - 16th September 2018
 
Doors open from 10am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday for Exhibition
 
Saturday Catwalk Shows: 4pm & 7pm
Sunday Catwalk Shows: 1pm, 5pm & 7pm
REGISTER TO SHOWCASE OR EXHIBIT @ AFWN 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO