VAIDS

Thursday, November 21, 2013

‘Groves is going to get a pasting’, vows Froch



Carl Froch says George Groves has given him extra motivation for their domestic dust-up this weekend with his verbal antics and has warned the young pretender he is in for a ‘pasting’.

Unbeaten 25-year-old Groves has repeatedly taunted his more experienced British rival in the build-up to Saturday’s showdown at the Manchester Arena, when Froch will put his WBA and IBF world titles on the line.


“Maybe I wouldn’t have been as motivated if he had have been more humble and appreciative of his chance,” Froch, 36, told The Colin Murray Show.
“Im a professional anyway so I would have taken him seriously and I would have been very well prepared, but he has given me a bit of a stronger mindset and stronger physicalities when I’m training.

“I am digging in, I’m biting down on my gum shield, I am running hard, because I have got this guy, I don’t particularly like, in the back of my mind and I’m thinking there is no way I can lose to this guy, so I'm making sure I go the extra mile.

“It could be his undoing because he is going to get the very best of me and his going to get a pasting, for his cheek to be honest. He has put the pressure on himself.

“I look at George Groves and honestly the fear factor is not there. It is about me being a consummate professional doing what I do best. If I relax, which I'm going to do, and do what I do on fight night there is only going to be one winner, it is as simple as that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO