VAIDS

Monday, September 15, 2014

Daniele Watts, ‘Django Unchained’ actress allegedly mistaken for prostitute, heard arguing with police in audio

Daniele Watts, the actress who claims she was wrongfully detained and handcuffed by Studio City police for making out with her boyfriend, argued police had no right to demand her identification when they stopped her on Sept. 11.In audio from the incident Watts is heard repeatedly refusing to show her identification to the arresting officer. She later posted photos to her Facebook page.

In audio from the incident obtained by TMZ, Watts is heard arguing with the arresting officer as he repeatedly asks to see her ID.
“Do you know how many times the cops have been called ... just because I’m black and he’s white,” she’s heard saying.

The officer accuses Watts of bring up the “race card,” saying he was called by neighbors in response to a lewd scene.Django Unchained actress Daniele Watts detained when cops mistook her for a prostitute after she kissed her husband Brian Lucas in public. New details say she might have been having sex in public.

“I have every right to ask your ID,” the officer says, as Watts protests.
The “Weeds” actress took to her facebook page Thursday to share her experience — which she believes was the result of prejudice against her being black with a white boyfriend.  Watts posted photos that her beau, Brian Lucas, took as she stood handcuffed and crying.
Witnesses from nearby buildings apparently told police they saw Watts and Lucas having sex in the passenger seat of their car, according to TMZ
“Today I was handcuffed and detained by 2 police officers from the Studio City Police Department after refusing to agree that I had done something wrong by showing affection, fully clothed, in a public place,” she wrote.
“From the questions that (the cop) asked, I could tell (he) thought we were a HO (prostitute) and a TRICK (client),” Lucas added on his own Facebook page.

Watts said she was talking to her father and standing by a tree when the police came. She’s heard telling her father to “hold on” as she talks to the officers in the audio release.

Watts is also heard telling the cops that she “has a publicist” and works as an actor in the studio nearby.

“I am going to say no,” she tells the cop who repeatedly asks for her ID. “And you can say that I’m resisting arrest.”
The officer responds saying Watts was “interfering” rather than resisting arrest and that he had probable cause to ask for identification because of the complaints from neighbors.
The law in California, and in New York, has no statute requiring individuals to present identification when detained on suspicion of criminal activity.

After protest from Watts, the officer requests a female officer be brought to the scene.
“We’re going to get your ID one way or another,” he says. “Thank you for bringing up the race card I never hear that.”
Watts is later heard crying and yelling as her boyfriend has a conversation with the officers. Lucas, a celebrity chef, explained that he presented his own ID without conflict "because of his past experience with the law." 

“I was sitting in that back of this cop car, filled with adrenaline, my wrist bleeding in pain, and it occurred to me, that even there, I STILL HAD POWER OVER MY OWN SPIRIT,” she wrote on Facebook.

“I knew that I had done nothing wrong, that I wasn’t harming anyone, so I walked away."
“Today I exist with courage, knowing that I am blessed to have experienced what I did today," she added. "All of those feelings, no matter how uncomfortable. These feelings are what builds my internal strength, my ability to grow through WHATEVER may happen to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO