VAIDS

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christian Bale wants George Clooney to 'shut up' about concerns over privacy and tabloids



Christian Bale wishes George Clooney would "just shut up."
"It doesn't matter that he talks about it," the "Exodus: Gods and Kings" star said in WSJ Magazine's December/January Holiday issue about Clooney voicing concerns about privacy and tabloids.
 Christian Bale is on the cover of WSJ. Magazine's December/January Holiday issue
"It's like, come on, guys, just shut up," Bale continued. "Just get on with it and live your lives and stop whining about it. I prefer not to whine about it."
The 40-year-old actor has had his fair share of run-ins with the paparazzi and deals with it in the best way he knows how.

Christian Bale is on the cover of WSJ. Magazine's December/January Holiday issue"Some people poke you like you're an animal in a zoo, looking for a response," he told the mag in the issue that hits newsstands Dec. 6. "If you're smart, you don't give it to them. If you're dumb, occasionally, like me, you give it to them. And then they've basically got what they wanted. I usually regret it afterwards."
Bale has had to "give it" to a few aggressive paps in the past, especially when they messed with his family.

"I was in Italy with my wife. I would go to work; she would leave the hotel," he recalled.
"There would be a man who stood outside of the hotel, and he would say the most obscene things imaginable to my wife," Bale added. "Now, that happened a number of times. I know what he's after; he has a strategy there."

The "American Hustle" star was faced with a difficult decision: act out and cause a media frenzy, or simply let it go. But for Bale, it went beyond that.
"Am I able to say I'm not gonna give him that satisfaction of angry Christian Bale coming after this man?" he said. "But equally, he's killing my humanity and my dignity as a husband if I do not, and he knows this. So you've got a choice."
Bale felt strongly about having a choice to take the starring role in 2000's "American Psycho," in which Leonardo DiCaprio had been cast as lead and Oliver Stone was supposed to direct.

"I just pretended it didn't happen," he said about the Stone-DiCaprio collaboration he knew he should be doing with Mary Harron - who ended up being the film's director with Bale wresting the Patrick Bateman part from DiCaprio.
"I'm English, so I never go to a gym, but for that role it was part of the whole deal that I had to go," Bale said. "I still kept going down to the gym, every day, because I was going, 'Oh, I'm making the film.'"

The "Dark Knight" star was so sure, he reached out to Harronto discuss the film.
"I would call Mary Harron - she'd be having a nice dinner with her family - and I'd go, 'So Mary, so when we do this scene …' And she'd go, 'Christian, Oliver Stone is directing, DiCaprio is playing your role,'" he continued.
"I said, 'Right, but you said it, my role, all right? It is coming back, so let's talk about it, because it's coming back to us,'" Bale recalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO