VAIDS

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Jonny Evans denies spitting at Newcastle's Papiss Cisse- Man United



 Manchester United defender Jonny Evans has denied spitting at Newcastle forward Papiss Cisse during Wednesday night's Premier League clash.

 
The Red Devils defender was involved in an incident with the Senegalese striker during the 1-0 victory at St James' Park, and the FA have already announced they will investigate the episode.


A statement on the club's website read: "Having woken up this morning I am shocked to have seen the media coverage from last night’s match. I would like to make it clear that I did not spit at Papiss Cisse.

"I was totally unaware of any spitting incident and had assumed that the issue at the time was with the challenge and his attempted retaliation to the tackle from the floor. During the game Papiss Cisse and I spoke about the incident and it is clear by my reaction in the television footage that I was totally surprised by any suggestion of spitting.

"It is not in my character or in my nature to spit at anybody nor is it something I have ever done or would ever do. It is certainly not something that I did last night."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO