VAIDS

Monday, March 21, 2016

Steve Austin admits 'lines can't be crossed' when interviewing current WWE stars

Sports entertainment fans may believe that the backstage workings and real lives of those working in wrestling are more transparent than ever before, but Hall of Famer turned broadcaster 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin has revealed he maintains a level of discretion about the unique situations that can arise around the business of the the squared circle and has no wish to rake up dirt on current stars due to his privileged position.


'Stone Cold' Steve Austin gives WWE boss Vince McMahon a grilling
The 51-year-old recently admitted he ‘holds back’ from asking questions during his live WWE Network interview specials that might generate negative headlines for the company, hinting “certain” lines of enquiry are avoided out of loyalty and pragmatism.

Reflecting on the differences between his chats on his audio podcasts (more details here and here) and the Network version of his show, the man behind WWE’s astronomically-popular anti-authoritarian character admitted he would not pursue conversations that could embarrass his guest, their colleagues or WWE.
“A lot of the time, I hold back because I’m one of the boys and I’ve got to show up every damn month for a podcast,” said Austin.

"It’s not my goal to run anybody down [or] run anybody down that’s in control. I love the business, but it is what it is. 
"I have my opinion. Sometimes, believe me, I’m holding back when I’m talking about my opinions because I don’t want to shoot a hole in anybody.”
On certain topics of conversation being 'off limits', the even-handed former six-time champion continued: “Sometimes, in talking, quite frankly, with WWE talent, you can’t go certain directions. 

"There’s a line that is drawn that you really can’t cross over because they can’t bury themselves [and] they can’t talk about certain things, so, sometimes, it just is what it is.”
Attitude Era headliner Austin is expected to feature in some capacity at next month's Wrestlemania, but a role for the Texas star at the AT&T Stadium supershow in Dallas has yet to be announced.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO