VAIDS

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Meghan Trainor pulls ‘Me Too’ music video over Photoshop work which made her cry: ‘It’s insulting’

Meghan Trainor’s music video producers should have listened to what she was singing.




The pop star debuted her latest music video on Monday and quickly took the release back citing Photoshop work that was done to her waist without her consent.

“Hey guys, I took down the ‘Me Too’ video because they Photoshopped the crap outta me,” the 22-year-old said in a Snapchat video.

 
“My waist is not that teeny, I had a bomb waist that night, I don't know why they didn't like my waist. I didn't approve that video and it went out to the world. So I'm embarrassed,” she explained.
The Grammy winner who won earlier this year for Best New Artist is known for lyrical slamming body standards.
 
Her “All About That Bass” hit song, in particular, calls out digital retouching.
“We know that sh-- ain’t real. Come on now, make it stop,” she sings.
After learning of the "Me Too" touch-ups, she said she screamed and cried in her hotel room.
“'Why would they do this?’ I cried. I had to try not to cry because I had my (makeup) done, and was like, ‘Don’t ruin this. Go work and ignore it,’ but I couldn’t help it,” she told USA Today.
“Me Too” is the second single from Trainor’s second album “Thank You,” which is due out on May 13.
The singer said she took down the video until the Photoshopping is reversed.
The “Lips Are Movin” crooner joins a growing group of celebrities, who have recently taken a stand against alterations.

Last week, actress Rumer Willis made headlines when she compared Photoshopping of her chin to being bullied. Weeks earlier, Kerry Washington called out Adweek, writing it was "it was strange to look at" herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO