VAIDS

Friday, February 10, 2017

Kelly Clarkson reveals she was misdiagnosed with cancer the day of the 2006 Grammys

The "American Idol" star revealed that she was diagnosed with cancer the morning of her first Grammy ceremony in 2006 and spent the whole day crying before learning the next day that it was a mix-up.


"I went the whole day crying. They redid my makeup, like, four times because I was like, 'Wow, so young.' I was just completely freaking out," she told Billboard's Pop Shop Podcast. "Then when I won, I thought, 'Oh, my God. This is like God giving me one more thing before something horrible happens.'"

The "Stronger" singer took home the awards for Best Pop Vocal Album for "Breakaway" and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Since U Been Gone."

On stage while accepting her award, she seemed visibly emotional, even crying.
She told Billboard that she was so angry the next day that she wanted to punch someone, she even said the doctor's mistake ruined her Grammys experience.
"Who mixes up results? Why wouldn't you test again? It was very much a roller coaster ride, that day, for me," she said. "So, it's kind of unfortunate, but a lot of the moments got stolen from that mishap. But hey, I didn't have cancer!"

Clarkson is nominated for a Grammy once again this year for "Piece by Piece" in the Best Pop Solo Performance category. She's up against Beyoncé, Adele, Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO