VAIDS

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

“I was not supposed to be in tech" facebook member says Alvaro L.

Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them. 
Alvaro L.

“I was not supposed to be in tech. I grew up in a small town in Chile and one weekend, 16 years ago, I had the flu and could not go out.
 I decided to learn how to code in Python and that was the beginning of the road that made me move to the capital of my country, meet my wife and have two kids. Ultimately I moved us all to the Northern California Bay Area so that I could join the Production Engineering team. 

Here at Facebook we believe that if you do what you like, and have fun at it, you will excel and create the most impact. I get to experience art, tech, and community all together. I don’t know what the future will hold, but I’m excited to see where it's going.” ––Alvaro L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO