VAIDS

Thursday, January 15, 2015

I left after being treated like her 'employee' - Nicki Minaj ex- (Safaree Samuels )



Safaree Samuels put in work during his 11-year relationship with Nicki Minaj, but he refuses to be her "employee."
Just before Christmas, the 32-year-old rapper took center stage on Twitter to rant about his ex-love.
Safaree Lloyd Samuels, left and Nicki Minaj are seen in 2013 at an event by New York radio station Power 105.1 — where Samuels spoke Tuesday about the pair’s breakup. 
On Tuesday, he had the chance to tell his side of the story.
"I walked away," he told New York City's Power 105.1 FM's "The Breakfast Club."

"I'm not going to say I broke up, but I'm the one who walked away," he added. "I packed up my stuff and I left."
Minaj dished on their break up when she last interviewed with Power 105's Angie Martinez.
 Safaree Samuels, left,  and Nicki Minaj attend the Herve Leger By Max Azria fashion show in September 2013.

"This is somebody I grew up with," the Queens-born rapper said about Samuels. "I don't even know how I'm going to function without that person in my life. I never lived my life as a famous person without him."
When the "Bang Bang" rapper did acquire fame, things started to change in their relationship.

"Anything you don't appreciate will be taken. God sees your ungrateful evil soul," she tweeted in late December.
"Wanted fame. I gave u my blessing. I still love. I still love. I'll always love. So disappointed," she continued, pulling lines from her hit "Pills N Potions" off her latest album "The Pinkprint," which is said to have several songs inspired by Minaj's heartbreak.

While Samuels -- whose rap name is Scaff Beezy -- immediately shot back on Twitter telling his ex-lady to "stop looking for pitty (sic)," he was reluctant to go further on the social media site. It wasn't until Tuesday when he really laid it all out.

"I just got to the point where the respect wasn't there," he said.
"Everyone around her works for her, you know?" he explained. "So it got to the point where it was like, I'm your man. I'm who you go to sleep with every night. I'm who you wake up with every morning. And it got to the point where I was being treated like an employee, instead of like her man."
Through all the hurt and pain the pair has endured, they've both chosen different paths in expressing it.

Minaj admitted to airing their dirty laundry in songs like "Bed of Lies" and others on her latest album because she wanted to share that broken part of herself with fans and admit that she's "a vulnerable woman, and I'm proud of that," she previously told Rolling Stone.

For Samuels, he insisted he's taking a more private approach.
"I would never do anything publicly to try to pull her down," he told Power 105. "Whatever happens between me and her one-on-one is what it is, that's personal. I would never put that out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO