VAIDS

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Zoe Kravitz covers Nylon magazine, talks on grow-up as a kid

Reflecting on her childhood as the mixed-race daughter of mega famous entertainers, the actress and model realised she identified with white culture to fit in at her predominantly white school. “It’s not that that story isn’t important, but I saw patterns and was like, “I don’t relate to these people””.
 

Zoe, who previously admitted she battled an eating disorder until her early twenties, says her opinions changed as she got older and believes she is becoming a better actress by educating herself. Her father, Lenny Kravitz, is the son of a Jewish father and Black mother. I had to un-brainwash myself. ‘Black culture is so much deeper than that, ‘ she says, ‘but unfortunately that is what’s fed through the media.


InstagramZoë Kravitz has seen a huge surge in both her music and movie careers in the past year, touring with her band Lolawolf and starring in critically and financially successful films like “Mad Max” and “Dope.” But in a new interview, the 26-year-old starlet has revealed the struggles she’s had landing roles in the past.

“It wasn’t as simple as that before, during, or after [filming], but it made me confront the fact that I still had a problem”, she added. “I got the sense of humor”.
She explains that casting directors for 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises decided against “going urban” for a small role within the movie.

She tells Nylon magazine, “In the last Batman movie they told me that I couldn’t get an audition for a small role they were casting because they weren’t “going urban”. What’s going on wit chu?'”. Of course, like any child, she tested the waters: “When I was about 11, my dad was trying to make me finish my dinner, but I didn’t want any more”. “George Miller doesn’t fucking care who my parents are”.

“I knew we were very lucky, and my dad raised me in an old-school way”. The one thing about art is you can’t question it. Everyone is looking at everyone else to find out what’s cool. “Just do it with confidence-no one can take that away from you”.
Check out NYLON mag’s August 2015 issue for the complete profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Enter your Email Below To Get Quality Updates Directly Into Your Inbox FREE !!<|p>

Widget By

VAIDS

FORD FIGO